Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby Quilts

Today I managed to get over half of the first baby quilt material cut out....Loving my new Rotary cutter.....
Do you ever have a problem with your rule moving while cutting fabric? I have, and it is so frustrating....Light bulb went off today after all these years of cutting with a rotary cutter....I decided to slide some of that rubbery mat stuff that you can purchase in the stores in rolls...I use it under my cutting board and such in the kitchen to keep it from moving....Well....HELLO.....It works great for the ruler not moving.....

2 comments:

quilton said...

Alicia,
The other thing you can do for a slipping ruler is to buy some InvisiGRIP and put it on the back of your ruler. Also try to "walk" your fingers up the ruler while you are cutting. Both should do the trick.

Alicia said...

Thanks Quilton for the tips!